The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum Governing Board Meeting
New Mexico State Library, Commission Rm, 1209 Camino Carlos Rey, Santa Fe, NM
New Mexico State Library Commission
Commission Room of the State Library 1209 Camino Carlos Rey, Santa Fe
Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
Latest Press Releases
- 1/24/2020 Site work planned ahead of NM Museum of Art Vladem Contemporary construction
- 1/22/2020 MOIFA Presents Música Buena Concert with Cipriano Vigil
- 1/22/2020 They Won the Vote: Suffrage and Suffragists in New Mexico
- 1/21/2020 Fresno performs at National Hispanic Cultural Center February 28 through March 15
- 1/20/2020 ¡HAH! Happy Arte Hour! 2020 Welcomes Returning Artists during 20th Anniversary Year
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The second of six rotations of five artists at various career stages living and working in New Mexico
Vivid in Japanese art and imagination are creatures that are at once ghastly and comical. Yokai generally refers to
On display in the Bataan Building Atrium Gallery: Touching Beauty Now, sculpture by Santa Clara Pueblo’s Michael
One regional community that captured the attention and imaginations of artists were the Penitent Brotherhood, Picturing