The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 11/21/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 12/6/2019 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
Latest Press Releases
- 11/18/2019 Holiday Events and Performances at the National Hispanic Cultural Center
- 11/17/2019 Updated Dates for Holiday Events at the New Mexico History Museum
- 11/15/2019 States Newest Historic Site Hosts Holiday Night-time Event
- 11/15/2019 Yokai: Ghosts and Demons from Japan Opens Sunday, December 8 at MOIFA
- 11/12/2019 Popular Seasonal Ornament Workshops in December at Museum of Indian Arts and Culture
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The exhibition Música Buena: Hispano Folk Music of New Mexico will open in the Hispanic Heritage Wing October 6,
Bringing together some of the significant works of art that were acquired by the museum within the last five
Community through Making brings together local and Peruvian artists to explore how art shapes healthy and vibrant